(Loosely based on Robert Greene’s 33 Strategies of War)
Based on the 12 execution titles surveyed, here are 33 recurring themes as identified by the authors of these books:
1. Never launch an initiative unless you’re personally committed to it.
2. Make execution part of the organisation’s culture and DNA.
3. Build an execution culture that continually anticipates and adapts.
4. Picture execution not as a single street but as a network of unique smaller and larger interlinked roads.
5. Focus your organisation on the few (3-4) most crucial priorities.
6. At any given moment, focus fully on the one task that is the single most important thing you could do right now.
7. Get used to making distinctive, tough …